Monday, October 29, 2012

The Craziness of the Day

Yknow as I think on it, I should be going bonkers. Lemme give you my list for a second, so with school, I'm taking four classes, which, while I don't necessarily have midterms or final tests, I still have a ton of papers that I need to write. In addition I'm a student senate rep for the Creative Writing Club, and in the student senate I've been voted in to be the Ethics Board Chairperson, and as such should be organizing the group to meet, but no one is responding to my emails. I'm working round 20 hours a week, barring of course when I have conferences and things for student senate like this weekend. At church, I'm the branch clerk, so my Sundays start early and late, and I'm enrolled in institute. This is aside from the various activities like FHE, firesides, and conferences that happen throughout the months. All the while trying to impress a gal that lives an hour away from me. I should be going mad! I should be hearing voices, shouldn't I? Five hours of sleep, hardly eat any food because the food pyramid hates me, I should be wearing a white jacket of sorts! But I'm not. You know what sustains me? Hope. Hope that everything works out right. Hope in the gospel, that it will bear me up. Hope in the atonement, that Christ will help me in all my afflictions. Hope that I can find strength in my peers at church. And I can say all that because I know it's true, it's not really something you ought to say in "spirit voice" or with choked back tears. It's all real. The gospel is true, therefore, it will help me, therefore, when I should be tearing my hair out, I sit here in front of this mountain of stuff I gotta do, I can shrug and say,"Meh. I can do this." I think that's part of what it means when it says With God All Things Are Possible. Another story for you. So my good friend Rick and his fiance got married last spring, and they wanted to have a wedding singer for their reception. They had everything in place, including the singer, but at the last minute the guy cancelled, and they were scrambling for someone to replace him. While they were at a karaoke club (they don't drink but they like singing) they heard this guy sing a beautiful Taylor Swift song, which happened to be their song. So they asked the guy after he was done if he'd be willing to do it, they could pay him and everything, and he said of course, he had nothing going on Saturday since he was a court judge. He asked if they needed to be married as well, and they said they had that handled, just if he could sing. Well this guy wasn't a member of the church, so he shows up to this wedding reception smashed. Completely hammered. And he gets up there, shouts some obscenities, and starts scratching nails on a board, I mean his voice was awful, it was the worst singing I had heard. So the moral of the story is, Don't Book a Judge by His Cover. OPERATOR OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment