Thursday, April 22, 2010

Have you any room

Is there room for a hopless romantic?
A white knight for a damsel in distress?
What does it take to be the one and only?
To have and to hold, care and caress?

I want to be your hopless romantic.
Save you from your worries and fears.
Find a place, for me in your heart,
to be your knight through endless years.

Have you any spots for a shameless poet?
Whose rhymes and limericks fall on deaf minds?
Who will listen to the heart's deepest quandrys?
and find they're the one for whom the heart yearns?

Where can I place an overthought thinker?
Who plays out every moment oft in his head?
Why is it wrong for a knight to think long
and hard about life and what lies ahead?

A gift or a curse these things may be,
a gift, for such qualities may be rare.
But oft I am sure these things are a curse,
because none of them, bring you to me.

1 comment: